We simplify and streamline the LEED certification process, providing coordination and insight to support your design goals. We focus on strategies that produce the lowest Full Life Cycle cost while achieving the highest environmental performance.
A few of the green building services we provide are:
- LEED Project Management: LEED provides a set of quantifiable standards that allow the public to measure the impact of sustainable building practices. We help you manage this important and complex process.
- Charrette Facilitation: Charrette is a form of collaborative project design, based on close consultation with stakeholders. An integrated design methodology brings all project requirements and constraints to the fore early in the process.
- Materials Research: The materials in your building affect energy use, indoor air quality, durability, and the environment. We can help you discover the best materials for your particular application.
- Energy Auditing: We can evaluate your building and look for energy saving opportunities. This includes cost/benefit analysis and research on available rebates.
- Energy Star: Using tools developed by the EPA, we can compare your building with other similar buildings. Based upon this benchmark your building may be eligable for the coveted Energy Star label.
- Energy Modeling: Using computer simulations, we predict the energy usage of various design options before you build.
Commercial and residential buildings consume one-third of the world's energy. In the United States alone, buildings account for 40% of total energy consumption, including 27% of electricity generation, 12% of water consumption and 60% of all non-industrial waste. By 2025, buildings worldwide will be the largest consumers of global energy - greater than the transportation and industry sectors combined.
All of that energy use is money that is not available for you to put to better purposes. That's the bad news. The good news is that if you are embarking on new construction or major renovations, ClearPath can help you reduce your energy use and save money. We are LEED Accredited (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and Build-It-Green Certified Green Building Professionals. These are the two leading green building standards in the U.S. We are trained and certified to manage your project with energy efficiency and sustainability in mind.
Green buildings not only save money on energy use but also provide a healthier environment for your employees and customers. Green buildings are designed and maintained to place emphasis on the qualities illustrated in the diagram below.
Source: US Green Building Council
There are well-documented examples of LEED projects achieving significant results. Adobe Systems in California, for example, refurbished their state of the art West Tower to achieve 37% in energy savings, 41% in water savings and 94% in diverted waste. JohnsonDiversey Incorporated saved $90,000 in a year on energy costs at their global headquarters, as well as 32% on water savings and 49% on diverted waste. You too can achieve significant savings, even if your operations are far smaller.